Exclusively Awarded to the Nation’s Top Coolsculpting Practices
Many women and men are interested in liposuction surgery in Los Angeles to get rid of areas of stubborn fat. But, as more and more non-surgical body contouring treatments become available, you might find yourself a bit confused about which one to choose. At Marina Plastic Surgery, we can help you understand your options and arrive at a treatment plan that will give you the enhanced body contours you desire.
The Right Treatment for You
Before you undergo any type of body contouring treatment, whether it’s liposuction or a non-surgical option, you should be at or near your ideal weight. Body contouring is not a substitute for weight loss. Our Los Angeles liposuction specialists will help you determine the right body contouring treatment for you by considering many factors, including your body type, aesthetic goals and lifestyle. Common treatment options include:
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure that effectively removes isolated areas of unwanted fat from most areas of the body including the cheeks, chin, arms, breasts, tummy, hips and thighs. While it’s not recommended as a weight loss method, liposuction gives our Los Angeles patients lasting results. We perform a variety of advanced liposuction techniques, such as Smartlipo™ and ultrasonic liposuction, for increased precision and enhanced results.
- CoolSculpting® is a completely noninvasive procedure that helps you shed those “love handles” or a “muffin top” by freezing fat using very cold temperatures. This treatment uses a patented process called cryolipolysis to chill unwanted fat without affecting healthy surrounding tissues, which means no anesthetic is needed and few negative side effects are experienced. The procedure can be performed in about an hour, and you are free to go back to your normal daily routine immediately. One treatment can usually reduce fat in the targeted area by up to 25%.
- Liposonix® can help you lose an average of 1 inch with just one, 1-hour treatment. Liposonix uses high-intensity ultrasound energy to disrupt fat cells and destroy them. During the 8 to 12 weeks that follow the treatment, the damaged cells are naturally eliminated from the body, resulting in a slimmer waistline. The procedure is nonsurgical and requires no recuperation time. Most patients are very satisfied with their results after one treatment. However, additional Liposonix sessions can produce even greater benefits.
- Exilis is a non-surgical body contouring and skin tightening procedure that can be used on the face, neck and body. Exilis uses controlled radiofrequency (RF) technology to heat dermal and subdermal skin layers for precise contouring of the targeted area. Most people see results after only 1 or 2 treatments, but 3 or 4 sessions may be required for optimal results. No recuperation time is necessary after a treatment, so you are free to return to your normal routine immediately.
- SmoothShapes® improves the appearance of cellulite – that dimpled, orange-peel look that women often have on their thighs, buttocks and upper arms. Through a combination of laser, light and mechanical massage, the noninvasive SmoothShapes system loosens the fibers associated with cellulite and shrinks fat cells to give you a smoother, dimple-free look. Many of our patients enhance their liposuction results with SmoothShapes treatments.
- ZERONA® might be a good option if you want to avoid surgery but have small areas of unwanted surface fat. ZERONA uses low-level laser technology to dissipate surface fat. Patients lose inches after a series of relaxing treatment sessions in our office without pain, anesthetic or recovery time. This procedure can be used alone or in combination with liposuction for enhanced results.
When you visit us, we will develop a customized body contouring treatment plan. For patients who want permanent and significant fat removal, liposuction remains an ideal choice. While this surgical procedure usually requires a couple of days of recovery time away from normal activities such as work, results are permanent, as fat cells do not regenerate once they are removed. Many patients achieve impressive results through a combination of liposuction and non-surgical body contouring methods.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to talk more about your body contouring options, call us today at 877-298-9915 in Marina del Rey, or use our convenient online form to request a consultation. If you are not ready to schedule a consultation but you would like individual advice and information you can trust, you can contact us using our confidential online form.